Camp Hanes Trip

The trip to Camp Hanes was exquisite. My mom made me wake up at 6:30 to make sure I had everything I needed. We got on the bus at 8:15 and made it to camp around 10:30, unloaded are bags into the GYM then had a discussion about rules. After the discussion we took are bags and went to are cabins. Thankfully I was with some friends. 

My favorite activity was the hike, it was about 3 miles there and back, and the view was amazing! I had a lot of fun on the hike. I talked with Harrison most of the time. When we got to the top we could see the whole camp. It was so cool. Then we had to go back to camp.

Camp fire was cool too. It was really fun talking to friends and making s’mores. I tried to get my marshmallow golden, but it caught on fire. It was still really good though. We did some games and follow the leader stuff. When it was over it was pitch black, and I couldn’t see anything. Holland and I raced back to the cabin to get first showers.

Sadly, the trip was only two days and 1 night. So we had to leave the next day. It was really cool getting to go on a overnight trip with my school. The day we left, we just chilled in the GYM and did games. The Cabins were nice, they had two showers! Which was cool, liked it a lot. I might even go back for a real summer camp.

Published in6th Grade

One Comment

1. 29daviss

I liked that you told us what your favorite thing was.