6th Grade Science

This was are menu.

This is the first year in all of my school years when science has been fun. We have done many projects and I have gotten to collaborate with many people I usually would not. At the moments in science, we are learning about the earth. Specifically, the Earth’s Crust (tectonic plates). I have had fun learning about the earth and can’t wait for our next unit.

The best unit that has happened this year is the electricity unit. For the final project, we had to make a fully functioning cardboard house with lighting and decorations. We had to use circuits and different lights. We also had to incorporate different house items such as a fan, a buzzer, and lighting. We would have to wire all the items on the outside of the house. So it got messssssy.

Instead of making a house or a football field Davis and I made a TACO TRUCK which complicated things in some ways. It would not make sense for a buzzer to be in a taco truck. so we made it a alarm for whenever someone ordered. And the fan, we turned into a oven. Like a convection oven! It was silly because the fan would always hit the cardboard next to it.

For our circuit, we needed to have 3 types of circuits, a simple circuit, a series circuit, and a parallel circuit. We had to add all the circuits together to make on big circuit. It was confusing at sometimes but after Davis and I finished the circuit and got it checked, it was really easy. 

Once Davis and I started the building process we got a little confuzzled because it was a 2D image that we had to apply to a 3D box. We got the hang of it changing the circuit into 3 layers. Once we did that, we finished it really quickly and at the end when everyone was done with there houses, we made a town with them and lit them all up.

Published in6th Grade

5 Comments

1. pdonnelly

I am thrilled that you love science right now. It was one of my favorite subjects too. I liked learning how and why things work the way they do.

2. Mr. Robbins

Ahhh the taco truck! You had a very unique take on that project and should be proud of how hard you worked on that. I’m so glad you’re enjoying science and still working just as hard as you did on El Zorro’s Tacos.

Extra shout out for connecting the principle of convection to the oven you made! 🙂

3. 29daviss

I love it Hudson!

4. 29liamp

I like the taco truck!

5. 29caydenk

I like the idea of a taco truck. Very creative!