TED Like Talk

This year for Language Arts we were requested to make a TED Like Talk. We got to choose one thing we like in this world and make a Ted Talk about it. I chose to talk about skateboarding, specifically street skating. This is a topic that interests me because it is relatable. If you have seen Street Dreams you know what I mean. I started the presentation off strong, you would think. But on the inside I was so scared. I hate presenting, especially in from of a lot of people. At the end of the presentation, I missed some big details I really wanted to add to the talk. 

Thinking: When I was thinking of ideas, the subject of chess got me wondering. I soon realized that this talk needed to be closer to 5 minutes. I did not know enough about chess to talk about it for 5 minutes. Then I landed on skateboarding, and I like to classify myself as a street skater so I decided to do that.

Making the talk: Forming the talk was very easy for me since I do this on a daily basis. I would not need to use as many photos from the internet. So I just sent the photos and videos of me skating to my iPad and BOOM.

Published in6th Grade

2 Comments

1. 29arjunp

This waas really fun to watch! I leanred a lot about Street Skating. It is kind of unfortunate the people put skate stoppers everywhere, as it seems really fun.

2. 29reedh

I like how you are talking about your emotions and that you don’t like talking infront of people but still tried your best.